Today we are introducing first step towards skinning CFP.
Enclosed 'cfpskintool_x32.zip' contains skinning tool.
Although tool is quite intuitive, here are few points:
1. CFP V 22.214.171.1245 should be installed to be able to use this tool.
2. You should login as admin or one with equivalent privileges.
3. This tool works for 32-bit XP and Vista, will have 64-bit tool shortly.
4. When you create a skin, it gets stored under '[CFP Installation Folder]/Themes/<Skin Name>'.
5. You can create a new skin out of any existing skins.
6. 'Default' is the skin what you see in CFP.
7. You can save a copy of an image through this.
8. You can replace existing images, by right clicking on any image, when image is replaced, tool validates against type and size of image.
9. By right clicking on any image you can also see it's dimension, type and location in CFP.
10. File names of replaced images are shown in red.
11. Once a skin is created, you can go to ‘Miscellaneous->Settings->Themes’ tab and select the skin. For the skin to take effect, you must exit from cfp.exe and re-start it again.
At the moment it just facilitates you to replace images used in CFP, we are going to improve upon it to be able to change font and background colors in later versions.
Please let us know your feedback on this. Once we have polished version, we will have it as part of CFP setup.
-umeshEDITED on 15-Feb-2008
We have updated this tool to provide skin Export/Import functionality and have added help file also.
Now we can share skins as .skn file. Later in CFP we will provide an interface to import these skins. So that way for a user to use skins created by some other user, will not have to have this tool.
This way we can facilitate skins for other users in an easy manner.
Please try this and let us know your experience with it.
This tool can be accessed using following url and it has both 32-bit and 64-bit versions together with help file:http://download.comodo.com/cfp/download/skinningtool/SkinningTool_x32_x64_And_Help.zip