Author Topic: CFP 3.0.8.214 Beta Bug Reports (32-bit version) [Closed]  (Read 39566 times)

Offline Little Mac

• Forum Volunteer
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • The Colonel told me to.
Re: CFP v3.0.8.214 Beta Bug Reports ( 32-bit version )
« Reply #75 on: August 30, 2007, 04:04:06 PM »
Nearly forgot.  I had no Network Zones this morning.  I still had Global Rules related to them, but absolutely no Zones in existence.  I reloaded my previously-exported configuration, and there were still no Zones.  Is this a Comodo "greenhouse effect"?  Damage to the "no Zone" layer?  Oh, my, I think I've lost it... ;D

Diagnostic report attached.

LM
« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 04:20:22 PM by Little Mac »
These forums are focused on providing help and improvement for Comodo products.  Please treat other users with respect and make a positive contribution.  Thanks.
Forum Policy

Offline Liron

• Product Translator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #76 on: August 31, 2007, 08:45:47 AM »
1) when logging off and logging on with another user, the firewall doesn't
shutdown in the previous user and it's still working in the current user
and registere by the name of previous user. it means that there is double CFP.EXE
2) pleas make policies for Emule (coz I have low ID), messenger, MMORPG games.
Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit sp0
CIS 8
Comodo DNS enabled.

Offline mrm1

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #77 on: August 31, 2007, 08:48:05 AM »
I have a minor problem with Avast Email Scanner. After a virus def update, none of my email programs will connect to pop or Imap accounts. If I stop, then immediately restart the avast mail scanner, connection is re-established.

It's Free. Forever. No Catch. No Kidding.

Offline xm

« Reply #78 on: August 31, 2007, 08:49:42 AM »
Asus A6T ntb (AMD Turion X2 / nForce chipset platform), WinXP Pro SP2, AVG 7.5 antivirus

This beta works fine for me except the hibernation takes a loooong time, indeed.

Offline DieYuppieScum

« Reply #79 on: August 31, 2007, 02:40:55 PM »
I can no longer open up a .txt with Window's notepad or run notepad.

I tried to run notepad by typing it in the run dialog box from the start menu.  The usual explorer.exe is tying to load notepad.exe dialog box came up.  I clicked cancel (don't remember if the 'remember this decision' check box was selected or not <---irony   :THNK) after waiting about 5-10 seconds.  After this, I got the usual 'notepad is not a valid Win32 application' message. 

After this, I tried clicking on notepad from the start menu and clicked remember this decision to allow it to run.  I still could not run notepad after this so I restarted the computer.

After restarting I could run notepad and open .txt files.  However, yesterday I tried opening a .txt from within a zip folder (using Window's default zip folder viewer) and I got the 'notepad.exe is not a valid Win32 application' again.  I tried opening a .txt file not in a zip folder and this didn't work either (don't know if trying to open a .txt file in a zip folder triggered anything bad). I restarted the computer again and still can't open notepad or a .txt file.

I'm using v. 3.0.8.214, initially selected 'scan my computer for known applications' or whatever, Windows XP SP2 32-bit,  McAfee Virus Scan v.10.0.20, Windows Defender, and have a single core 1.7GHz P4 processor.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2007, 02:45:07 PM by DieYuppieScum »

Offline DieYuppieScum

« Reply #80 on: August 31, 2007, 02:43:49 PM »
I can, however, use any other application to open a .txt file.

Offline Little Mac

• Forum Volunteer
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • The Colonel told me to.
« Reply #81 on: August 31, 2007, 04:49:59 PM »
Welcome to the forums ~

Will you check the application rule for notepad in defense +, to see what it is allowed to do?

Defense +/Advanced/Computer Security Policy/ and find the rule for c:\windows\notepad.exe

Open the rule to Edit and check the Access Rights.  Mine is set only to Allow Keyboard; everything else is set to Ask (and it works just fine).

LM

These forums are focused on providing help and improvement for Comodo products.  Please treat other users with respect and make a positive contribution.  Thanks.
Forum Policy

Offline ramancars

« Reply #82 on: September 01, 2007, 02:34:49 AM »
Malware in Comodo folders?

CounterSpy identified these files in Comodo folders as Trojan and Adware: see attached screenshots.

Are these files needed and legitimate?
Apparantly CFP is running after I moved to quarantine.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2007, 02:38:47 AM by ramancars »

Offline davidfeng

« Reply #83 on: September 01, 2007, 05:07:21 AM »
I jsut tried the comodo V3 these days. But I found a serious bug of it. I set a password for Comodo setting, But when I want to reset the comodo and input the password, the porgram been detroyed. It cannot work anymore, and I even can not input my password. The only way I can do is just reinstall the program.

Could you kindly fix it?

Offline deepcut

• Comodo Member
« Reply #84 on: September 01, 2007, 08:53:42 AM »
Malware in Comodo folders?

I believe these files are related to Comodo's database of known software, so quarantining them may not cause Comodo to malfunction, but they shouldn't have been highlighted as malware.
Windows XP Pro x64 SP2. CIS 3.9.95478.509 with AV & FW, no D+.

Offline eXPerience

• Left the Forums
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Free Forever !
« Reply #85 on: September 01, 2007, 11:21:17 AM »
Apparantly CFP is running after I moved to quarantine.
ยต

Comodo is not adaware or something !!!!!!
As appears Comodo has been detected as malware a few other times by spyware docter etc.
 :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Seems like they're not popular  ;) cause they bring out so many great products  (B).
« Last Edit: September 01, 2007, 11:58:44 AM by alaertsxan »

Offline gibran

• Average User
  • Comodo's Hero
  • A bad workman always blames his tools
« Reply #86 on: September 01, 2007, 12:48:40 PM »
V3 is still a beta product so it may have not been whitelisted in other brands products as well.
It won't hurt mailing them pointing to the beta download page so they could improve their compatibiliy as well.

(CNY)
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

Offline gibran

• Average User
  • Comodo's Hero
  • A bad workman always blames his tools
« Reply #87 on: September 01, 2007, 12:57:35 PM »
Hallo ***YuppieScum, Look for explorer.exe Process access rights(defense+) as well and edit Run an executable blocked list.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2007, 12:59:40 PM by gibran »
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

Offline wolfie2x

« Reply #88 on: September 02, 2007, 12:19:56 AM »
Image Execution Control Setting changes doesn't stick!

CFP was causing too many BSODs, so I tried disabling all D+ stuff.. everything else can be disabled except for Image Execution Control Settings.. I disable it 'n click ok, but when I check again it's still  enabled.

NOD32 v2.7, NetLimiter2pro, Diskeeper, Sandboxie, CiscoVPNclient
happened after a couple of BSODs; there was a dialog box about some log error before last BSOD.

Offline FrizzleFry

• Comodo Member
« Reply #89 on: September 02, 2007, 02:00:35 AM »
I keep running into a problem where changes that I make in the GUI do not take: they are not applied and if the GUI or system is restarted these changes will be gone.

I have run into this when creating or modifying global firewall rules, creating file groups, modifying My protected files groups. I am currently stuck not being able to modify a global rule, I even created a new one and deleted the old one but on GUI restart it was back to the previous configuration. Is anyone else seeing this? I did not have this problem with the previous beta and it is driving me nuts!!!

I have uninstalled/reinstalled CFP in case something got screwed up. I did import my previoius configuration so it could still be a problem with my configuration.

Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com | Smf Destek