Sorry if this is in the wrong section but i feel cpf 3 is more of a new product than an improved one.
I will try explain in pictures too.
Main reason. The simple mode is now too simple and the advanced mode is too advanced for many.
What is needed? A classic mode right in between. What is this classic mode? Same old protection 2.4 offered. Please bring back the good old 2.4 protection without removing what is already made. I actually installed virtual pc and put xp in it just so i can see how cpf 3 has changed since 2.4. Not much which i mean in a good way because almost every feature was brought from 2.4 but 1 or 2. I will list the differences.
1. Obviously the interface. (System info box removed and replaced with tip of the day). Nothing wrong there.
2. Scan for known applications removed. (Nothing wrong as it is not needed anymore).
3. Obviously the interface again under security. (Changed and every setting maintained but component monitor which is now defence+).
4. Define a new trusted network removed. (Nothing wrong as it is now automated as an alert).
5. Misc settings in 2.4 were either removed or moved.
6. In attack detection "Block all outgoing connections while booting" was removed. (
Not sure why).
7. Here comes the big one which made 2.4 so much different from 3.0. "Application Behaviour Analysis" was killed completely. The protection it offered is still there but moved to the hips. If the protection still atleast lived (my classic mode idea), i couldn't care less if it was in the gui. I am sure many of the protections were moved to the hips but the hips is too advanced. So can you create a mode where it sets the hips on but only settings that were in 2.4 pretty please
I also hope egemen comes and explains why the features listed above were changed/removed (except interface changes ofcourse).
Here i will show pics of how it changed.