Author Topic: BSODs: Please add your minidump files here [CLOSED]  (Read 165617 times)

Offline egemen

• Comodo Staff
  • Comodo's Hero
Re: BSODs: Please add your minidump files here
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2007, 02:52:41 AM »
Greetings from LeonSprings, Texas USofA,

I have only one MiniDump file and that is included here.  Plus my copy of CFP is popping up a bunch of Notices of attempts to modify some files that are not being used nor should not even be on my system, some are in a ZIP format and are in storage.

Here is my report:

In addition to the "Tech Info" I also followed the instructions to clear all 'Cache and Shadow' settings in the BIOS.

Was collecting the data for the following report for you.  When the GMER was run to collect that data my system crashed with the BSOD.  All data collected was lost, new "Technical Information:" was displayed on screen and is as follows:

***STOP:0x0000000F4, (0x00000003,0x81E74DA0,0x81E74F14,0x805FA160)

The above crash did produce a minidump file and it is included as attachment.

Previous three crashes did not produce any MiniDump files.  The "Tecnical Information:" for all three is as follows:

***STOP:0x000000050, (0xBAD0V154,0x00000000,0x8058188F,0x00000000)

* Windows Version/Bit and Service Packs>XP Home Edition v5.1 32bit (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.070227-2254 Service Pack 2)
* Your realtime Antivirus/version,Spyware remover/Version, other Security Software/Version>Avira AntiVir v7.0x, SpyBot Search & Destroy/w TeaTimer v1.5.1.15, HiJackThis v1.99.1, Windows Defender by Microsoft Eng/v1.1.3007.0 Sig v1.23.4310.0
* Affected Driver/Software and Version (if the bug doesn't affect window itself)>? Unknown.
* Brief description of the problem (Attach Diagnostic report or crash dumps if needed)
* Steps to reproduce the bug (if applicable)> Use my computer, last crash occurred when looking at GMER reports to maybe included some info.  Will NOT run GMER again until you tell me to do same.
* Gmer report (download) Only for 32bit platforms>Running this program to attempt to extract more info is when last crash occurred.

My sig also contains my installed O/S and more,

What is the zip password?

Offline NTxLS

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2007, 02:45:10 PM »
egemen,

gibran sent me a PM that the password had been forwarded to "the developers."  Anythingy else needed just ask.

Edited by NTxLS >Be gentile this is my first time with sending any attachments or even having this amount of problems with any software, most of the times I have solved my own problems with proper usage, this time is a bit different.

Thank you for reading my messages and excuse me for neglecting to send the password,
« Last Edit: December 05, 2007, 02:48:43 PM by NTxLS »
TIA, CU L8R,
NTxLS Dell Inspiron AMD Athlon x2 64 bit Dual Core Processor 2.3GigHz, 4Gig RAM; 64Bit Win7; IE8.0; FF3.6.3/w PassWordMaker1.7.2.

Offline gibran

• Average User
  • Comodo's Hero
  • A bad workman always blames his tools
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2007, 03:08:56 PM »
I sent the password to egemen but I guess his PM inbox was full and he didn't notice it.
Anyway I guess all was solved now :)
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

Offline egemen

• Comodo Staff
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2007, 03:17:14 PM »
No i did get the password and analyzed the memory dump. Sorry about not replying back.

It is not a driver crash but csrss.exe, which is a critical process for windows, is crashing in the computer.

If the beta versions of CFP was being used, this might be related to CFP. And current official release should fix the problem. But the official release is being used, then this may be related to something else, perhabs another application.

It is worth to use Process Explorer to see list of applications and loaded DLLs in csrss.exe.

Offline Ron_75

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2007, 10:43:48 PM »
my minidumps and BSOD and system freezing problems can be found here

https://forums.comodo.com/bug_reports/first_bug_for_the_new_update_cfpsetup3014273xpvistax32-t16653.0.html

Offline Ron_75

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2007, 07:12:58 AM »
Hi,

can egemen  or someone take a look at my 2 minidumps and tell me whats going on this time please?

I'm still having problems when restarting WinXP the computer hangs the majority of the time when WinXP loads at the desktop my taskbar icons loads but not all of them and the desktop just freezes no mouse click or nothing works so i am having to shutdown and turn on my computer quite alot  :-\

anyway i experienced another BSOD qhile winxp was loading then it just rebooted itself, and here is the minidump.

regards

Ron

P.S i already added Lock Folder XP 3.6 .sys and .exe file as trusted files to the firewall and safe files to defense+ lastnight

Offline Ron_75

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2007, 07:34:30 AM »
I just came across this site that reads minidumps for us  ;D
http://www.zacksdomain.com/?page=tools&t=bugcheck

Wicked!

anyway i just looked at the minidumps and it says

Bugcheck Analysis       

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 1000000A, {63, 2, 0, 8053168c}

***** Kernel symbols are WRONG. Please fix symbols to do analysis.

Probably caused by : LF30XP.sys ( LF30XP+3859 )

Followup: MachineOwner

damn! that sucks  :'( i don't get why this is happening with CFP 3 installed,  before that I had no BSOD's or start up problems at all!

anyway I would like to get this figured out and resolve this matter, right now I have no idea what to do  :( I depend on that Lock Folder XP 3.6 program I've had it installed for months! well before CFP and i have never had a BSOD or statup problem until installing CFP 3 versions

so it must be a conflict i feel going on between Lock Folder XP 3.6 and CFP 3 cos it definetely points to that since the problem only happens with CFP 3 installed and the Bug report
  says: Probably caused by : LF30XP.sys ( LF30XP+3859 ) so it has to be a conflict between that file and CFP 3 going on  :(

I will see if I can get hold of another good free Lock Folder for xp type program and if i can i'll uninstall Lock Folder XP 3.6 and install the different program IF! that is the problem and will stop my PC not loading right and freezing or any BSOD's  ;D

Offline gibran

• Average User
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2007, 08:00:59 AM »
I just came across this site that reads minidumps for us  ;D
http://www.zacksdomain.com/?page=tools&t=bugcheck

Wicked!

anyway i just looked at the minidumps and it says

damn! that sucks  :'( i don't get why this is happening with CFP 3 installed,  before that I had no BSOD's or start up problems at all!

anyway I would like to get this figured out and resolve this matter, right now I have no idea what to do  :( I depend on that Lock Folder XP 3.6 program I've had it installed for months! well before CFP and i have never had a BSOD or statup problem until installing CFP 3 versions

so it must be a conflict i feel going on between Lock Folder XP 3.6 and CFP 3 cos it definetely points to that since the problem only happens with CFP 3 installed and the Bug report
  says: Probably caused by : LF30XP.sys ( LF30XP+3859 ) so it has to be a conflict between that file and CFP 3 going on  :(

I will see if I can get hold of another good free Lock Folder for xp type program and if i can i'll uninstall Lock Folder XP 3.6 and install the different program IF! that is the problem and will stop my PC not loading right and freezing or any BSOD's  ;D

Please uninstall CFP and run bsodHOOK
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

Offline Ron_75

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2007, 09:15:34 AM »
Hi gibran,

i don't think there will be any need to do that  ;)

I am 90% certain I have resolved the probem.
I uninstalled Lock Folder XP 3.6 after removing them 2 files from CFP pending my safe file list that i had added them too. and i had them also in the firewall as trusted application *coughs* i couldn't find a way to undo that so i chose to add them as a blocked application  ;D

then i uninstalled Lock Folder XP 3.6 and installed Hide Folders XP 2.9.1.391  that i came across as an alternative.

Guess what?  :o no more reboot problems, and i've restarted my PC 4 times since doing this and no BSOD at all so far and when WinXP loads and the desktop taskbar icons all of them loads now no more hard reboots so far
 :BNC

So I think I can say there is a problem with Lock Folder XP 3.6 when CFP 3 is installed
anyway right now I'm happy  ;D the problem was defintely Lock Folder XP 3.6 causing problems with CFP 3 on the system,  Solution? simply uninstalling it and installing a different program that will do what it does  ;D Woooohooooo

I will keep you lot updated if i have any further reboot problems or BSOD, if by the end of the day or tomorow the problems are all gone after uninstalling Lock Folder XP 3.6, then I will confirm that, that was the problem and issue causing the BSOD and system freezing when loading WinXP startup programs.

thanks alot especially to
egemen
at pointing me to what the likely cause of the problems was

(V)

Offline gibran

• Average User
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2007, 09:35:41 AM »
Glad it worked. the purpose of BSODHook is to stress test the system in order to prove the existence of vulnerable kernel hooking drivers,

Offline Ron_75

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2007, 09:38:49 AM »
Thank You  :)

Posted by: gibran 

Glad it worked. the purpose of BSODHook is to stress test the system in order to prove the existence of vulnerable kernel hooking drivers,

Ah  :o ok i will probably do that if its something I can get my head around. I've clicked the link and I will read the site on what it says for BSODhook and how to use it, and if I am able to do it I will and will post back the results  :)

Offline Ron_75

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2007, 10:19:22 AM »
I read the link the description and everything about BSODHooK

I do not feel confident trying that, i couldn't comprehend most of what was being said, I found myself out of my depth, and i read the "using the BSODHooK utility part and looked at the screenshot as well. I'm sorry to say it doesn't look like something I understand or comprehend to be able to give it a go  :-\

For now the issues that my PC was having with CFP 3 installed seems all gone now  :) after uninstalling that Lock Folder XP 3.6 and installing a different software that does the same thing.

I'll use my system as normal I'm 100% sure if there is any issues not detected yet they will happen and I will see what needs doing next and report it too for advice and help,

Thanks for all the advice and help that you lot have given me so far   (V)

Offline NTxLS

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2007, 04:19:35 PM »
No i did get the password and analyzed the memory dump. Sorry about not replying back.

It is not a driver crash but csrss.exe, which is a critical process for windows, is crashing in the computer.

If the beta versions of CFP was being used, this might be related to CFP. And current official release should fix the problem. But the official release is being used, then this may be related to something else, perhabs another application.

It is worth to use Process Explorer to see list of applications and loaded DLLs in csrss.exe.
"Egemen, Comodo Staffer,

Some questions on your list of approved software by your LAB, where is it stored?  Would you like a list of DLLs in csrss.exe with additional data?  I have a copy of SysInternals Process Explorer from a few years ago, before Microsoft bought them out. 

And, had a crash this morning when I came in to check my e-mail with IE v7.0, MFFx v2.0.0.11, PegasusMail v4.41 only software up and operating.  This crash gave the same info as several before (quotes are mine):

"***STOP:0x000000050, (0xBAD0V154,0x00000000,0x8058188F,0x00000000)"

I await your return,

Edited by NTxLS today> I am not a Geek-A-Zoid or any other cute little title, just a very curious person and am not afraid to edit or prowl the Registry to see what is there and why.

Thank you for reading my message,
« Last Edit: December 07, 2007, 04:22:42 PM by NTxLS »
TIA, CU L8R,
NTxLS Dell Inspiron AMD Athlon x2 64 bit Dual Core Processor 2.3GigHz, 4Gig RAM; 64Bit Win7; IE8.0; FF3.6.3/w PassWordMaker1.7.2.

Offline NTxLS

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2007, 09:42:04 PM »
I am of the schooling that, "there can never be too much information shared."  What I mean by that is here comes some more . . . downloaded the 'BSODHook' v1.0.0 . . removed CFP v3.0.13.268. . . ran 'BSODHook' and the Driver would not install . . . nothing was shown as a problem either.  NOT sure if that is GOOD or bad just would not work with CFP or without CFP installed, same problem.

One item to also report; after doing that above procedure, reinstalled CFP v3.0.13.268 and did a COLD boot.  All came back up AOK, except my normal desktop disappeared and a White Window came up wanting me to troubleshoot my ActiveDesktop.  I do not use ActiveDesktop so I returned all settings to my usual and everythingy came back up again as normal setup.  Except for the three little boxes with the following messages:

#1. The system has recovered from a serious  error.

A log of this error has been created.

(Below)

#2. BCCode: f4  BCP1 : 00000003  BCP2:81E74DA0   BCP3:81E74F14
      BCP4:805FA160    OSVer:5_1_2600  SP:2_0   Product:768)1

#3. The following files will be included in this error report.

H:\DOCUME~1\singer\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER733b.dir00\Mini120307-01.dmp
      H:\DOCUME~1\singer\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER733b.dir00\sysdata.xml

Would you like to receive the files?  Maybe there will be some helpful info there?

Thank you for reading my messages,

« Last Edit: December 08, 2007, 12:07:22 PM by NTxLS »
TIA, CU L8R,

Offline gibran

• Average User
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2007, 06:45:39 AM »
If that minidump was generated after cfp unistallation then it's not needed to post it here.
But the fact that bsodhook driver cannot be loaded it's strange.
Did you press the load driver button? If that doesn't work please contact Matousec the fixed the Disable BSOD for me (I was unable to disable bsod).

I attached a screenshot of Bsodhook ready to go
« Last Edit: December 08, 2007, 06:49:21 AM by gibran »

Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com | Smf Destek