Author Topic: 3.0.17-.22:Lots of Network Connection Problems (MERGED TOPIC)  (Read 80483 times)

Offline TLD

Re: Network hosed, need to get back to previous version
« Reply #60 on: March 15, 2008, 08:56:43 PM »
Don't think you'd notice the problem if you don't transfer files/etc between machines or use ICS..

Offline KoRn

• Comodo's Hero
Re: Network hosed, need to get back to previous version
« Reply #61 on: March 15, 2008, 10:00:33 PM »
It cost me wasted time by trouble shooting my problem. I am no pc wizard by all means. But, the average joe might have went out and bought a new modem or router thinking that is there problem. I am not blasting Comodo. I was just very unhappy about a bug this major that should have never saw release. Things happen for sure. But, lately its getting to be a bit much. I even made a thread trying to get help from here. If it was not for me remembering about the update. Trouble shooting would have went on for no telling how long.

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r20169988-HSI-Trouble-in-paradise

Sorry for your troubles but Comodo on both my pc's run perfect. No reason to slam Comodo cause how much did it cost you?............................$0000000000

Offline leoliver

Comodo updates once again blocked my internet connection
« Reply #62 on: March 16, 2008, 12:22:58 AM »

Hi Everyone,

Today after downloading the latest update for V3, and restarting my WinXP Pro SP2 computer(Intel(R) PRO/100 VE Network Connection), I once again lost all INTERNET connection with IE 7. Also, my software was unable to update. This is about the 3rd V3 update that has caused this problem. The only way to correct the problem is to un-install Comodo. I'm back to using Windows Firewall at the moment.
  I had no problems with V2 . But V3 has been non functional after updates. I don't want Defense +, but Comodo V3 installs it anyways, but in a disabled state. Or my Bit Defender 2008 , Peer guardian, etc. could be causing conflicts with V3.
 I guess I could download the latests V3 full package, but I don't know if I'm up to re-creating all those firewall rules again.
  I use the firewall in training mode, but it seems that after a update, V3 doesn't remember any of my settings . It still shows the settings, but they don't seem to work after a update.
 I tried importing the configuration settings , that I saved prior to the last update, it said the action was successful, but still no INTERNET connection. ( By INTERNET connection, I refer to viewing a web page or updating software. The interface showed I was sending/ receiving, but no web page or software updates )
  I don't know how to fix this problem, but I'm open to suggestions.

Vettetech

Re: Comodo updates once again blocked my internet connection
« Reply #63 on: March 16, 2008, 12:36:06 AM »
I honestly have never had any problems with any versions of Comodo 3.0 on my desktop and laptop. Why dont you try uninstalling PeerGuardian's. Are you using Bit Defender Suite or just AV? Have you tried to completely remove Comodo? You need to try and figure out what it is instead of blaming Comodo. Uninstall Bit Defender also. I am running Comodo along side Avira and it runs awesome.

http://forums.comodo.com/help_for_v3/comprehensive_instructions_for_completely_removing_comodo_firewall_pro_3_info-t17220.0.html

Offline salmonela

• Computer Security Testing Group
  • Comodo's Hero
  • COMODO Volunteer DEModerator
Re: 3.0.17,.18,.19-Lots of Wireless Connection Problems (MERGED TOPIC)
« Reply #64 on: March 16, 2008, 06:08:17 AM »
Oh yes, problem persist in this version, I can not connect on my rooter at all with my wireless card.
Everything is OK if I clean install, if I import settings from previous version or update I can not connect at all.
I tried everything: disabled, train, train with safe D+ and disabled firewall (rebooted 1000 times) put card drivers and utility in my safe files, if it is my imported config. or updated installation I can not connect to rooter.

Spec.
ralink Wireless LAN card (infrastructure network, WPA-PSK TKIP authentication), aDSL rooter (d-link dsl-g684T no internal DHCP)
Bad English, I know...
Thanks
PLEASE DO NOT REPLY DUMB QUESTIONS/ANSWERS

Offline Blas

• Comodo's Hero
Re: 3.0.17,.18,.19-Lots of Wireless Connection Problems (MERGED TOPIC)
« Reply #65 on: March 16, 2008, 09:51:05 AM »
Oh yes, problem persist in this version, I can not connect on my rooter at all with my wireless card.
Everything is OK if I clean install, if I import settings from previous version or update I can not connect at all.
I tried everything: disabled, train, train with safe D+ and disabled firewall (rebooted 1000 times) put card drivers and utility in my safe files, if it is my imported config. or updated installation I can not connect to rooter.

Spec.
ralink Wireless LAN card (infrastructure network, WPA-PSK TKIP authentication), aDSL rooter (d-link dsl-g684T no internal DHCP)

Same happened here. After updating I wasn't able to connect to my wireless router. (My wireless card is using an Atheros chip.)
But after a clean install it was ok. I haven't tested lan and internet speed so far, but browsing is okay.

Offline salmonela

• Comodo's Hero
  • COMODO Volunteer DEModerator
Re: 3.0.17,.18,.19-Lots of Network Connection Problems (MERGED TOPIC)
« Reply #66 on: March 16, 2008, 01:33:41 PM »
I think there is something in initial 1st reboot after install, which can not be remembered correctly by imported cofig., but we do not have access to internal base (by comodo) of safe appz. nor to "My own safe files" which are looked up then also added to comodo base of safe, those base is inaccessible by user, also it will be great idea if we could have separate export/import for d+ and for FW department of CFP.

I really have no time nor nerves to every couple of days again setting up my network rules (ton of appz., 2 VPN, separate lan for home networking, wireless lan for internet, VPN and home networking, shared internet connection, shearing on bit torrent etc. etc....)

Please developers do something with this children diseases.
Bad English, I know...
Thanks
PLEASE DO NOT REPLY DUMB QUESTIONS/ANSWERS

Offline Searinox

• Comodo's Hero
  • Do you like fire? I'm full of it.
3.0.20 freezing my computer ever since I got wireless adapter
« Reply #67 on: March 26, 2008, 11:33:18 AM »
My computer has been running CFP fine ever since the beta. I've only had a few bugs and crashes here and there. Recently I bought a TRENDnet wireless adapter, and CFP has been making my computer freeze up at random times, about 3 times a day. Now I have always been a loyal supporter of CFP, but the impediment is so big that I'm afraid I will have to uninstall CFP, at least until an improved version is out.

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit with all updates, UAC off + COMODO Internet Security 5.8 + Avira Free 2012 + TuneUp Utilities 2011 + Norton Ghost 15 SP1

sded

Re: 3.0.20 freezing my computer ever since I got wireless adapter
« Reply #68 on: March 26, 2008, 11:54:20 AM »
What happens when your computer freezes?  Does anything end up in the log?  Do you need to reboot, or can you go to Task Manager and kill something?  Is your Trendnet a USB card or ?  I am not using the Trendnet, but do use Engenius/Atheros, Realtek, Linksys, Intel with no problems-but maybe just not on the air long enough at a stretch.  What wireless router are you using, and what kind of an Internet connection.  How is your adapter setup?-standard get everything auto?  What besides TCP/IP IPv4 is checked.  Have seen a few reports on DHCP problems, but this does not appear related at first glance.  Have you checked the internet for reports of this as a Vista driver issue?  Even after more than a year there are an awful lot of "beta" or "beta-like" drivers out there.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 12:35:05 PM by sded »

Offline Searinox

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #69 on: March 26, 2008, 01:15:54 PM »
What happens when your computer freezes?

The mouse stops moving, there is no keyboard response, image on the monitor freezes.

Does anything end up in the log?

Neither network nor system log record anything.

Do you need to reboot, or can you go to Task Manager and kill something?

Since the computer becomes completly unresponsive, no I cannot go into anything excpt press the RESET button on the case.

Is your Trendnet a USB card or ?  I am not using the Trendnet, but do use Engenius/Atheros, Realtek, Linksys, Intel with no problems-but maybe just not on the air long enough at a stretch.

TRENDnet 802.11g wireless PCI adapter, 108Mbps.

What wireless router are you using, and what kind of an Internet connection.

TRENDnet 802.11g Wireless Router, 108Mbps.

How is your adapter setup?-standard get everything auto?

My adapter is sey up to connect to DreamDragon(my network) via secured access using a 128-bit ASCII WEP key. No Super G or any such "exotic" settings are enabled.

What besides TCP/IP IPv4 is checked.

Client for Microsoft Networks, VMware Bridge Control, QoS Packet Scheduler, TCP/IP IPv6, Link-Layer Topology Discovery Mapper I/O Driver, Link-Layer Topology Discovery Responder, on both wireless and ethernet adapters.

Have seen a few reports on DHCP problems, but this does not appear related at first glance.  Have you checked the internet for reports of this as a Vista driver issue? Even after more than a year there are an awful lot of "beta" or "beta-like" drivers out there.

I have, and I don't believe it is. I ran Windows Update this morning and it upgraded them from 7.0.x.x to 7.4.x.x. With this update the signal strength was finally showing properly, instead of always being "poor". However, I still got a freeze.

Now here's my question: A short while ago you fixed an issue affecting XP systems in which they would freeze up under certain network traffic conditions. Are there any reasons to believe the same bug might exist in Vista?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 01:19:38 PM by Searinox »
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit with all updates, UAC off + COMODO Internet Security 5.8 + Avira Free 2012 + TuneUp Utilities 2011 + Norton Ghost 15 SP1

sded

« Reply #70 on: March 26, 2008, 01:34:17 PM »
You should also bring up the Windows Event Viewer accessory and see if anything is reported at the time of the freeze.  The administrative log is often quite illuminating, along with the others.  Freezes seem to often be driver related, but if you can't Google any other reports, ???  Another thing to do is to turn off IPv6, since there are still a few contention reports around.  Do you get your IP and DNS servers automatically via DHCP instead of fixed values?  Might still be worthwhile to try fixed values if nothing else shows up, since we have seen a few (unresolved) DHCP issues on the latest builds.  Let us know if the Event Viewer logs suggest anything.

Offline Searinox

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #71 on: March 26, 2008, 02:02:58 PM »
When I said there is nothing reported in the system log, I referred to the event viewer. My IP is fixed. I'm sorry but I can provide no further useful information, much to my loss. :( All I know is that after uninstalling CFP I had no more system freezes. Since I had drivers updated I don't know just how much it is a driver issue, my guess is that it's actually a network/system configuration issue that CFP is very uncomfortable with.

I am currently using Windows Firewall, which coupled with the router's fw give me a 100% stealth result on various tests. In terms of outbound protection I believe Vista Firewall Control, an addon for windows fw which adds outbound control, is what could replace CFP's firewall functionality completly for me. However, I'll always be missing CFP's awesome HIPS. I will switch to some temporary 3rd party firewall such as Online Armor, but if the issue ever gets fixed please tell me and I'll come running back. I have been using CFP since 3.0.13 beta and I've had utmost praise for it, but for right now it is killing my system too much. If there is any other way I can help please tell me. I dun wanna have to lose CFP!

sded

« Reply #72 on: March 26, 2008, 02:17:25 PM »
I will add this to the bug thread on unresolved wireless (and sometimes wired) network issues, but no prognosis.  :(  But I use Windows firewall on one of my Vista machines, and feel confident with it.  In fact, I used it on wifi throughout Baja last Winter when ZoneAlarm Slow was the only alternative.  Will probably try Online Armor for Vista with it when it comes out, to get a good view of the competition.  ;)

Offline Searinox

• Comodo's Hero
Re: 3.0.17,.18,.19,20-Lots of Network Connection Problems (MERGED TOPIC)
« Reply #73 on: March 26, 2008, 02:32:05 PM »
I won't have HIPS. Won't be able to get security programs protected from termination like CFP does... and much more that I used CFP for... well, buh-bye for now Comodo. See ya around.

Offline Searinox

• Comodo's Hero
Re: 3.0.17,.18,.19,20-Lots of Network Connection Problems (MERGED TOPIC)
« Reply #74 on: March 27, 2008, 02:26:15 AM »
sded if I were to do a cleanup after Comodo and reinstall it do you think it could solve my problem?

Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek