Author Topic: ctm causes system crash win vista  (Read 3553 times)

Offline uriahhittite

ctm causes system crash win vista
« on: February 20, 2010, 09:52:22 AM »
I have been running comodo's cis for some time and love it, seems very secure for a freeware program. I decided to try out some of cm's other freeware and downloaded their registry cleaner, ctm, and encryption program, and dragon browser,  immediately after downloading, and before I got a chance to activate or use them my system froze up and subsequently crashed. I rebooted in safe mode and restored to a point right before these downloads and was able to get myself back online. I dont understand how these programs could affect my system before I actually got ot use them. i am currently running vista, comodo's combo firewall and anti-virus, Spybot, A-squared and win. defender, all with no problems. I recently started using sandboxie with firefox but was not using this when I downloaded these products. I was using my IE-7 browser, unsandboxed. I am diappointed now as I am not sure of what freeware to trust, as I have always thought Comodo products topnotch...Uriahhittite

Offline Septem

• Comodo Family Member
Re: ctm causes system crash win vista
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2010, 08:47:59 PM »
I have been running comodo's cis for some time and love it, seems very secure for a freeware program. I decided to try out some of cm's other freeware and downloaded their registry cleaner, ctm, and encryption program, and dragon browser,  immediately after downloading, and before I got a chance to activate or use them my system froze up and subsequently crashed. I rebooted in safe mode and restored to a point right before these downloads and was able to get myself back online. I dont understand how these programs could affect my system before I actually got ot use them. i am currently running vista, comodo's combo firewall and anti-virus, Spybot, A-squared and win. defender, all with no problems. I recently started using sandboxie with firefox but was not using this when I downloaded these products. I was using my IE-7 browser, unsandboxed. I am diappointed now as I am not sure of what freeware to trust, as I have always thought Comodo products topnotch...Uriahhittite

hi, uriahhittite

You mean downloading CTM setup caused system crashed? I think you should better check your installed softwares instead of CTM setup file.

Thanks & Regards

Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek