Post here if CTM distroyed your computer

This forum is full of posts from people that installed (or tried to) CTM and the end result was disastrous. Many (including myself), had to do a reformat and complete reinstall of my OS and programs.

I tried to uninstall CTM from my laptop (problems with it). It crashed and wouldn’t boot up after that. I had to do a complete reformat and reinstall of my HDD.

What is your story and what can we do to prevent others from going through this costly mistake?

I just installed and rebooted it while it was installing it got to 90% and then wouldn’t move :-TD, I then pressed a key and I got an error message. I manually turned the computer off and when I turned it on again the home console thing came up, so i pressed home and all. Then I tried uninstalling and it got stuck on 1%.
Then I turned off pc and had to uninstall it from baseline the next day I had to do a system restore and now I’m here very discouraged about CTM.

After rebooting my computer the CTM installation took place and it reached about 87% so it got stuck. I had the following error code:
00005555 00000003 0008E9A0 00000080 6C20E800 0FE3534C 00000000
So I pressed Enter and had an error message which told me to insert the Windows disc for a system restore. I haven’t got the Windows disc (but the manufacturer’s one), so I tried to reboot my computer to launch the feature from the console or the disc, but my partition table got lost entirely. (frankly, I asked myself wheter it was a backup program or not… I still have my files because of another backup file, otherwise I would have got lost everything!)
I have Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit.

I had issues as well, my nightmare however came with the (attempted) uninstall. This all goes back to the age-old question of “when do you release ‘stable’ products?” If the products weren’t listed as “stable” until they actually were, and no release dates were “publicly announced” until the products were “stable”, most of this could seemingly be avoided. I hate to sound negative but this thread is a primary example of the problem. CTM was a mess from install to the subsequent failed uninstall for me and I hope it gets solved asap, even if that means pulling the product.

Removed OT post.

Please only post here, if your post is relevant. Not an opinion poll.
Take this one like a “Class Action” Bug report.
If enough people have the same or similar issue, and they are gathered here in one place.
A solution may become evident.

Bad

Well I can say all the betas and final versions were stuck my booting process after restart. None data is lost but I just know what to do as I used to be a sys-admin and a programmer in one piece. The main working part of the application mostly works fine, the buggy part is the installer/uninstaller of the program.

Do NOT install this software. >:(

Yes it ■■■■■■■ my whole computer up to. 1st it said it wouldn’t install. Said to try again. So i had trouble installing it. Once i installed it. It basically had my system running so that it wouldn’t even restart after installing it. It ran for 30 minutes with the restart screen and the mouse in ‘think’ mode. It wouldnt do anything. I could not even turn it off by button. So i basically had to do a fast unplug of my system as it was so slow it was crazy and i have a brand new bad ■■■ system. Then once my system got started back up it was so slow and acting funny so i decided to uninstall the program. Instead of uninstalling i decided not to and just to do a default system restore to earlier time and date. That way incase it had done any other damage. Right? Well It wouldn’t allow that and basically gave me the black screen of death after it ran the default restore system.

I could not use the restore, could not go into safe mode. Nothing. It had white writing on the black page telling me it messed up a few sectors and boot sector. I could not even use the systems self diagnostic and repair system even.

Luckily i am ahead of the game and smart so i could and actually did get my system up and working again but then had to do a full reformat of course. Lost a bunch of stuff tho and everything.

I am very ticked off about this.

why would you guys allow this program to be avail for download. You need to take it off the market or where people can not download it and you need to stop testing software with everyday people or users / clients. and test them yourselves.

It is actually a good idea of a program and might have potential in about 2 years but until then you need to not allow downloads or installs of it.

I also posted about this on PCWorld where i got it from as it showed up in a newsletter from them. I also went off on them for even posting this ■■■■ of software.

If anybody needs help correcting with there system about this software if it ■■■■■■■ your system let me know

If and when during black screen and you are working on Vista or Windows 7. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A REPAIR DISC you created when you first ran your system and created one.

Basically run the system with the black screen. Run it to repair bad sections when that comes up and asks when it tries to start. Or do it in diagnostic mode. Most likely will not allow that either. So what you have to do is Then try and reboot and when it does you will see this program pop up. It will not allow you to run the back up image from it tho or back to the state of the install of it as it creates an image automatically of that time period but will not allow you do that or the other option either tho. So what you do is just actually uninstall it from there. It will allow that. Then your system will kind of free up but not really. You can start it up but still shows bad sectors and boot. (cant remember which files tho it destroyed) but it shows the numbers. Anyways then do that and have it start messed up and before you click on the black screen to run a repair start up (i think that’s how it was worded) just run it that way and select “repair bad sections etc” this time put in your repair disc, click then the button showing in the box from that screen to repair bad etc… and then let it run and the disc run. It then should allow it to repair those sections and ALL of what it messed up with the main system files enough to where you can actually start it up.

Then you need to do a full reformat.

If this happens and you get to this as explained above. You will see what i mean from there and be able to understand it better if you can not understand it now.

Good luck.

Anyways if you need my help. You can contact me here:
http://xtremestylez.com/contact/email-contact
or
http://xtremestylez.com/forum/

[i wrote that in a hurry, hope it makes since]

I might write it clearer and better when i have more time. Just basic steps.

Goodluck.

hi, all

I am very sorry that something wrong happened when you were using CTM and thank you all for your feedback. Well, I think posting a NEW topic instead of replying this topic is a better way for your problem, because we will easily find your post in a new topic and contact you ASAP.

So PLZ post your bug report in a new topic. Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

hi, anuraj

I’m sorry for your problem. Would you please tell us more detailed info such as your security software, your harddisk and any hidden partition? Thank you very much for your feedback!

Best Regards,

hi, manubellini

Thanks for your feedback! And IF you installed the lastest version of CTM? If not, you can try the latest CTM, and if the latest CTM was installed, pls tell us some info about your security software and partition table.

Thanks & Regards

hi, BSkiLLs

I understand your feelings very much and I am very sorry. But I have some questions about your issue:

1. You said “it said it wouldn’t install”, what it said or for what it wouldn’t install? Raid controller or something else?
  2. After you finished installing and do a fast unplug if it ran sub console installing?

And would you please tell us more about your PC about security software, partition table and a dual-boot system or single boot?

Thanks & Best Regards,

I disagree with this comment 100%. People need to see the damage this software is causing. It’s better to see one thread where the same problem is happening over, and over, and over. Maybe then they can will not decide to install this. Ot maybe Comodo will take this down. There are way too many single posts where users are complaining about crashed computers.

Masterblaster is right. There are too many complaints not to suspect there is a fundamental flaw(s) in CTM.
And users have the right to be warned. That’s what forums are for as well.

OK… this thing went sideways. As in “Not Helping Anyone”. Thread is Locked.

A dev has even politely responded to try to help get to the bottom of things.
Lotta good that did.
So now.
Two choices for concerned individuals.

1. Take the offer of help, or offer to help by making a proper individual Bug Report.

2. Start this as a new topic in Feedback Comments Announcements section.
    Where there is more room to build a warning monument to Failure.

Thanks

Septem has asked,

If you are one of those he has responded to in this thread.

Please respond to him by PM, to continue getting this sorted out.

Or feel free to start a new Bug Report thread and refer to your initial post and response here.

Thanks