Author Topic: I meet a bewildering phenomena with CTM  (Read 4520 times)

Offline deltrentis

I meet a bewildering phenomena with CTM
« on: January 08, 2010, 07:46:09 AM »
I installed CTM, it looks all fine.
Today,I cleaned my desktop with a software for sweeping malware, it seems that this software deleted one of system staring file, restart desktop, after CTM console, it did not prompt WindowsXP banner, I quickly restarted,enter CTM boot-up Console,and recovery to the baseline image. My desktop works well again, but, aftersome time, the same problem caused by that antmalware, occured again, I have to restart desktop, recover my desktop to the baseline again,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

It seems as if  that this version of CTM not back up some critical system files........

Hope a new version.

Offline Ronny

• Product Translator
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Volunteer Moderator
Re: I meet a bewildering phenomena with CTM
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2010, 08:45:13 AM »
Hi deltrentis,

Can you please provide "what" malware scanner was used.
And does it provide a way to see "what" it detected and removed that could cause this?
Volunteer Moderator
Any concerns? Please send me a PM or review the Forum Policy -  update Jan 3rd 2013!

Offline deltrentis

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2010, 10:22:17 AM »
I was using this http://www.beike.cn/, it may be  difficult for you to read, it is a trojan killer developed by Kingsoft of China.
 This little application just delete a file under winpatrol (http://www.winpatrol.com/)directory,which is setup.exe

I also run malwarebytes' anti-malware ,which delete a file under windows directory,  finder.exe

By now,I am not sure, whether my security applications did a wrong thing or CMT has a bug.

I suppose that CMT should be improved further.   

Offline Ronny

• Product Translator
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Volunteer Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2010, 08:38:51 AM »
finder.exe is a process belonging to the Microsoft Office family of products and offers an advanced search facility which allows you to find keywords within Outlook data files. This program is a non-essential process, but should not be terminated unless suspected to be causing problems.

I guess that should not cause it...

If i have some time I'll see if i can test that tool against CTM but it is possible it flags some CTM actions suspicious and then "kills" CTM on cleanup...
Volunteer Moderator
Any concerns? Please send me a PM or review the Forum Policy -  update Jan 3rd 2013!

jinYao

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2010, 01:41:47 AM »
CTM works fine with the trojan killer on my machine.

Offline Flykite

• Comodo Staff
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2010, 12:21:08 AM »
Obviously, this problem is due to your security software.

Offline deltrentis

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2010, 06:32:20 AM »
Anyway, I don't think so ,,,,,

Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com | Smf Destek