Please find below a list of issues believed to be present in the current version of CIS, with links to the associated bug reports. Further bug report for these issues are not needed unless they are marked "Reports needed". If you add a report to an item marked 'reports needed', please append additional reports in standard format to the existing topic.
Some of the issue report topics contain work-arounds (described as 'fixes' for brevity) which may help you. In some cases FAQs have been created for the issues - please check the relevant help forums. The list is currently under development and therefore may change.Defense plus and sandbox
- Sandboxed files can deposit shortcuts on desktop with standard settings. Topic. Fix.
- Fast user switching can cause CIS to malfunction or forget rules. Topic. No fix.
- Some apps won't run w/o BO exemptions - these are not obvious to users. Topic. No fix.
- Difficult to make generated executables trusted (eg Make .bat) files. Topic. Fix [at] D.
- CIS can steal focus and cause full screen apps to be minimised. Topic. Fix in topic.
- Adding a directory to trusted files adds all files in it - executable or not. No topic. No fix.
- Apps inc Office Starter that access MS Virtual drive may not work. Topic. Untested fix.
- Video/sound/clipboard probs in manually sandboxed browsers (rpts needed). Topic. Topic. No fix.
- Policy choices offered in D+ alerts do not include user defined policies. Topic. No fix.
- Unknown services not blocked tho 'block all unknown requests' is ticked. Topic. No fix.
- Execution control level slider appears to serve no purpose. Devs - please see mods discussion
Files maybe made trusted if copied from removable drives or extracted from archives. Topic. Topic. Topic. No fix. Ntvdm.exe or .pif files may receive sandbox alerts. Topic. No fix. Summary may give wrong number of unrecognised files. Topic. Fix (untested) in topic. Some files needing unlimited access cannot easily be made safe. Topic. Fix. Difficult to make frequently updated applications trusted. Topic. Fix [at] A iii.
- CIS blocking Itunes 10 (Airport + Airtunes Express). Topic. No complete fix.
- Cannot reliably block communication by hostname. Topic No fix.
- IP6 NDP packets cause alerts from random processes that can't be suppressed. Topic. No fix.
- IP6 address masks do not work correctly, though IP ranges do. Topic. Fix: use IP range.
- CIS fails to alert inbound connections correctly under certain circumstances. Topic. No fix.
No logging when firewall alerts set to 'low' or 'very low'. Topic No Fix. Restore network traffic does not work if "create rules" is ticked. Topic. No fix.
- Scanner hangs during AV scan. (Reports needed). Topic. No fix.
- 'Ignore once' does not work when malware is detected by real time scanner. Topic. No fix.
Other & general
Scanned unrecognised files sometimes made trusted. Topic. Topic. No fix.
- Hi CPU every 5 mins when AV on and significant number of unrecognised files in D+ Topic.
- Rules are not remembered by FW or HIPS on removable/network drives. Topic. Topic. . No complete fix.
- Date format in CIS is taken from language not OS country settings. Topic. No fix.
- When proxy is defined then disabled, CIS contiues to try to use it. Topic. Re-install to fix.
- Full screen mode - games or videos stall or blank - how to cure? Topic (faq) & fix.
- Log viewer does not filter alerts correctly. Topic. Topic. No fix.
- Version number in registry (& in Windows) not being updated. Topic. Topic. Part fix in topics.
- Non-paged memory not released when run with some database drivers. Topic. No fix.
- Java web start may not work correctly though trusted. Topic. Part fix in topic.
Recurring problems that are difficult for Comodo to permanently fix1. Interaction with other security packages. Examples2. Problems with updates on some computers. Example:
CIS helper service does not start on reboot on some computers. Topic. Part Fix. Alerts may be suppressed during boot causing freezes (Reports needed). Topic. No fix.
3. Performance issues on low powered compters. Examples
Repeated attempts to update to second public relase of CIS 5.8 Topic. Fix in topic.
Please note: Only issues experienced by a reasonably large number if users are included. Only issues reported by users, and generally only those reported in the bugs/issues forum and 'format verified' or reported by mods, are included. Issues are included if I believe they represent a significant problem to users - developers may not regard all the issues below as bugs. Vulnerabilities to specific exploits are not included for security reasons, though more general areas of vulnerability are. Issues present in previous versions will be included unless I have been told, or have observed that they have been resolved. Issues listed above should not therefore be regarded as confirmed current bugs by Comodo.
- Hi cmdagent CPU on log-on & starting programs esp. on XP machines. Topic. No fix.
Updated to reflect version 5.10.x.2253 on 07 Nov 2012