BUG: v31 start in incognito mode disables extensions

since the update, I encounter problems: all extensions (including Comodo’s own extensions except the drag&drop service) will not work after restarting Dragon - I need to deactivate and re-activate the extensions in order to get them working - until closing of the last browser window, then the extensions are again ‘dead’ after restarting the browser… :frowning:

‘not working’ means: icons are shown, but extension seems not to be running, no filtering is done, no activity signs shown and left-click does nothing

this only happens, when the browser is set up to start in incognito mode - PrivDog and ScriptSafe are installed and allowed to run in incognito mode (but the problem also occurs in normal windows, which are started manually)

after disabling ‘start browser in incognito mode’ all extensions work fine after (re-)starting CD - re-enabling the incognito mode as default brings said problem back (deactivatoini or deinstallation of drag&drop service does not change this behaviour)

system configuration: windows 8.1 64bit

Confirmed, W8.1 x64

Still same extensions bug under windows 7 64bit, what can I do?

system: win7 home premium 64bit on C installed, Comodo for Chrome v31 on E (other partition on same HD)
several extensions: FlashControl, ScriptBlock, Ghostery, PrivDog, KB SSL Enforcer, TrafficLight, Zenmate, TooManyTabs for Chrome, Comodo Web Inspector, Comodo Drag&Drop Service (all for incognito mode activated)

Confirmed on several installations. There is no acknowledgement at all since the 12th? Wow talk about denial.

Wow! No-one is compelled to comment, that doesn’t mean anyone is in denial.

This will most likely be rectified with the next release.

Only for information.
Win 7 32 bit SP1
CD portable - incognito - is installed on other section HD.
There are no problems.
ABP + Ghostery+PrivDog

Thanks jenny66,
This does look like a 64-bit issue as I am also not seeing the issue on any 32-bit systems.

I have informed Staff of this issue.

Thanks.

Edit: I have just double checked and the issue is reproducing on Win 7 32-bit.
Apologies if my less than thorough checking caused confusion.

Hello,

The issue doesn’t look related to the system’s architecture.
A workaround I’ve found viable so far was to launch Dragon with the “–incognito” parameter instead of the build in option (Start in incognito).

Regards.

Hi George,
Yes it is also happening on 32-bit systems, apologies for the error in my previous post.

Thanks.

???
I don’t know.
At me the constant mode is included incognito.
Expansions work. All counters show.
Can because the СD portable?
Edit: I checked mark removal - incognito - without touching a mark incognito in expansions.
Also expansions works not incognito.

Hi jenny66,
I have the same results as the opening poster.

1. Select ‘Start browser in incognito mode’ in the privacy settings.
  2. Close and re-open the browser.
  3. Extensions icons appear as normal, but they are in fact not functioning as they should.
  4. They still appear enabled in the extensions window, but they are not functioning until they are disabled/enabled.

Note: Browser launched into normal mode, then select incognito mode and the extensions continue to function correctly.

Edit: I get the same results using the portable version.

Hi captainsticks

3) Extensions icons appear as normal, but they are in fact not functioning as they should.
How it is necessary? Counters to work equally. Before and after restart. All right. While I won't see screenshots I it is visible don't understand. :) I won't disturb you. [s]If are necessary a Screenshots I will lay out.[/s] Regards.
Note: Browser launched into normal mode, then select incognito mode and the extensions continue to function correctly.
I already wrote.
Edit: I checked mark removal - incognito - without touching a mark incognito in expansions. Also expansions works not incognito.
extensions continue to function correctly. Edit: Probably I understood about what conversation. Here three screenshots. 1 . Not incognito. 20095 2 . I included - incognito. 20112 3 . After restart - incognito. 20134 Insignificant error of the counter in incognito. There can be a conflict?

[attachment deleted by admin]

not fixed with v 31.1 :frowning:

@George-Silviu Blendea: thx for the idea, but this doesn’t help for windows/URLs, which are opened from elsewhere (having CD as system standard and wanting new URLs to be opened in incognito mode)

FIXED with ver 33.0 :-TU