False Positive - Team Fortress 2 - Motion Mapper.exe

Comodo picks up C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2\bin\motionmapper.exe as a Trojan with the signature of TrojWare.Win32.Scar.Lsa

The File as well as the game was updated fairly recently and a detection only occured today and no other Anti-Virus program detects it as such

I have submitted the file also for analysis

Screenshot:

Hi TechPriest,

Please submit the detected sample to us so we can check them.

Regards,
Karthikeyan

I have now submitted the file as you have asked, via the method you posted.

Hi TechPriest,

Thank you for reporting this.
We’ll check it and get back to you soon.

Regards,
Karthik R

No news yet ?

Nope not heard anything back yet, ive brought it to the attention of the staff though

I’m not sure what’s going on with Comodo recently.
They don’t fix FPs, submitted files aren’t added, camas.comodo.com doesn’t work correctly, files aren’t whitelisted… Is there some issue?

…and it seems like all files submitted via the program are all “already sent”

I contacted the staff…let’s see

I thought this was fixed already in a previous post.
I haven’t had a problem with Motionmapper.exe after I installed the newest comodo internet security.
https://forums.comodo.com/av-false-positivenegative-detection-reporting/fp-of-motionmapperexe-located-in-teamfortress2-t111236.0.html
In this thread, chunli said it was fixed as of av database version 22246

My version of comodo was up to date as it could be as of the original post, and it still got detected again

Can you upload the detected file (FP) by using the web form ?

It should get fixed faster.

Yeah i already have, that was how i submitted it in the first place

Huh, that is actually quite strange. I guess we will have to see when a staff member replies.

Nevermind! Today comodo randomly prompted me with a malware alert, and it was this file.
I guess it is a false positive even on the newest database

Hi,TechPriest

This is to inform you that false-positive has been fixed.
You can update to AV database Version <22443> of Comodo Internet Security Version<8.0.0.4142> and confirm it.

Best regards
Chunli.chen

I can confirm (at least on my end) that the detection no longer occurs