False positive alert - MediaGet

Comodo Internet Security detects our application - Mediaget as potentially unwanted.

Product site: www.mediaget.com
Detect given by CIS: Application.Win32.MediaGet.G
Latest CIS db.
SHA256: 28a9bdbbbc37e0d2f3f963e51a2d9b3a6e1e67aea2a3ebf1f86f08f9feed80c3

We’ve already tried to submit it as a false positive via email and to the Comodo Trusted Vendor List.
However we got only reply that you can not remove this detection without any explanations.
Can we know the reasons why?
Our software does not contain malware, installation process is clear and it does not secretly install anything else.
If you believe that there is smth that is needed to be fixed in our application in order to be eligible for the Trusted Vendor List, please let us know.

It is considered as PUP.

The question is - why? Can smbd from Comodo provide a list of reasons that we can work on to not be considered as PUP?

Have you reported this to other vendors?
What do they say?

Sure, we report and investigate each case and try to understand why it happened individually with each vendor.
However I believe that each AV should be responsible for their own products, making them more precise and accurate. Not just copying signatures databases of the rest.
That’s why I’ve come here to understand Comodo’s reasons for this.

Comodo staff at the forums does not state reasons about decisions why files were or were not judged a false positive or malware or eligible for TVL (when request is done at the forums).

In your case you submitted using the email option of the Comodo web site. I don’t know the policies of that department.

Our software [b]does not[/b] contain malware, installation process is clear and it does not [i]secretly[/i] install anything else. If you believe that there is smth that is needed to be fixed in our application in order to be eligible for the Trusted Vendor List, please let us know.
I am not familiar with the procedures for getting on the TVL making my thoughts common sense. In case the detection Mediaget would be judged a false positive it would make sense to reapply to have your company added to the TVL.

Comodo does not copy other’s vendor’s databases. Unfortunately Comodo staff at the forums does not comment on decisions (it simply takes too much time).

Thank you for reply.
However Comodo staff do not comment decisions even through email. The only reply that we get is that we are not eligible for TVL.
Is there any way to receive comments?

It is sad, but from my point of view antivirus vendors just do not even try to investigate deeper and do it easier way - add software to detections list without any understandable reasons.

Not that I know of… :-\

It is sad, but from my point of view antivirus vendors just do not even try to investigate deeper and do it easier way - add software to detections list without any understandable reasons.
I see and the rock and the hard place at which you're stuck..

The best route I can think of is what you are doing now. Submitting the executable as a false positive.

You are one of the most well known PUP in the internet. You are Banner LLC and please see

&

Adwares are legal malwares of this age :-TD Thanks to Comodo Antivirus for detecting your PUPS >:-D

And again: this information is false. If you believe it is not, please prove. Screenshots, reasonable comments with proofs are very welcome.
At least, there are a lot of other applications that have the same things, however they are not classified as PUP.

Lets download your software…(I mean adware >:-D)
In the first page appear while installing and it offers “Yandex things” and “Orbitum Extension for Chrome” ???

What is that is it usefull, I just downloaded a media downloader installer but it offers me an Orbitum thing? I knew already, it is useless and suspicious :wink: Lets google about it…Uppss, how to remove topics already set.

It is another adware ( adware calls another adware :-TU)
See : How to remove Orbitum (ads, pop-ups, banners) & Remove Orbitum malware - VirusPup

So, lets be nice. I recommend you to remove these adwares from your software(!)…and make a donate button for you.
If people likes it then they will donate :-TU Do not be the part of these adware community!
Make it and come here again, I will give you my full support :-TU
Now, go and report it to other vendors they won’t remove your detection because your sofwtare and others make the same thing for years. Experts will say these words in more technical words.

Sincerely,
yigido

Have you ever heard about black PR?
Orbitum is not adware.
What I initially asked here is not to google and try to find proof by yourself.
In your articles there is no any proof that it performs anything bad (they not even try to say what exactly it can do:). Only unsupported words…
In the same way I can write an article about Comodo stating that it is adware.
If you really want to hold responsibility for your words, please provide facts that Orbitum performs anything unwanted?
It would be helpful for us.

Next, in Mediaget during the installation you can uncheck these checkboxes and proceed without Yandex.Elements and Orbitum.
I believe it is very common and normal practice when bundled applications come with installer.
E.g. utorrent - is the same torrent client that also comes with Yandex.elements during the installation, but it is not detected as PUP.
Adobe and other big companies also bundle from time to time anything else to their applications.
It is not a reason for detection.