Author Topic: updating always stuck at 30% windows7 rtm build 7600final  (Read 7893 times)

Offline john_000

updating always stuck at 30% windows7 rtm build 7600final
« on: August 07, 2009, 01:05:58 AM »
hi i managed to install comodo latest ver. on windows7 build 7600 rtm....as it before on (rc) the update just freezing at 30% for a long time more than 45min....

any one can have an ideas how to fix this problem ....

thanks for all.......

Offline liujianfei

Re: updating always stuck at 30% windows7 rtm build 7600final
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2009, 02:56:56 AM »
The cis  had  not need compatibility mode. Only need to install for ADMIN. the cis package is installed .
the new AV database will be installed and as a single installation / update.
this is a big file, it will waste your more time.When you see frozen at 30%, don't worry .
 It will slowly climb to 50% and finish update in the final.
Please be patient

Offline john_000

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2009, 05:36:38 PM »
thanks for they help, i wait as you told, but after around one hour showing the update fail, i checked my internet connection its totally working fine.....

any other way ?....thanks

Offline john_000

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2009, 02:52:36 AM »
i just want to add i am using cis 3.10.102363.531........

please help....

Offline john_000

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2009, 04:19:10 AM »
hi again , well for some reason i figure it out how to solve the update problem ....

1-before installing cis you must have internet connection..

2-lunch the installation... after it complete a message will appear on the screen and it will ask (do you want to scan the computer for malware)....YOU HAVE TO SAY YES, after that an automatic update will start and it will do the update automatically....

before the main problem was that i used to install cis normally, but when it ask for scanning the PC , i use to answer no , after that  i use to do restart for the computer , after the restart i use to lunch the update manually...and then the update problem appear

in any way thank  you for your help before ;)

Offline john_000

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2009, 10:29:45 AM »
hi again , guess what , after the update has finished , i restart my computer i opened cis , still showing the the virus database never been updated....this is so useless , i spend too much time trying to fix this simple problem but no use , i installed and uninstalled many time , but no use ..... ???

so sorry , but i thing i am gonna go for different product , until they officially release windows7 compatible software,,,,...

if any one face this problem , and found out a solution please let me know...

Offline liujianfei

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2009, 08:18:27 PM »
HI
i'm sorry . I just go to work today. if the  method does not work  that i told you ,then i think Your operating system and the CIS is not compatible. you can try it in WIN XP system or VISTA OS. i try it more time it always no problem

Offline Dennis2

• Awaiting Admin Approval Moderator
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2009, 02:07:37 AM »
hi again , guess what , after the update has finished , i restart my computer i opened cis , still showing the the virus database never been updated....this is so useless , i spend too much time trying to fix this simple problem but no use , i installed and uninstalled many time , but no use ..... ???

so sorry , but i thing i am gonna go for different product , until they officially release windows7 compatible software,,,,...

if any one face this problem , and found out a solution please let me know...
Yes it does still show Never Updated after restart after the first update, but if you check Miscellaneous/About  it will say the Virus Database is 1844
Then if you update again (small update) it updates to the current version of database

Dennis
Moderator: Aims Forum a friendly place. Any concerns? Please PM me and/or review the Forum Policy 2012Updated.
System:Windows 7 SP1(UAC)x32,LUA, CIS7.0.4132Upgrade,Sandboxie4.08
Vista Home P.(UAC)x32 SP2, LUA, CIS.7.0.4132

Offline KuifjePDX

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2009, 09:52:32 AM »
I have a similar problem on Vista Home Premium Service Pack 2 (32-bit). After installing the latest revision (downloaded yesterday) it asked me to scan my computer for malware. I clicked yes, and the program updated the virus signature database. Then it started scanning.

However, this took a long time and the computer switched to standby mode (does CIS interrupt power management during scanning)? When I turned the computer back on the scan had stopped and I clicked Exit.

Upon reboot Windows alerted me that the signature file was out of date and I clicked Update Now. The update started and it got stuck at 30%. I waited and finally turned off the computer.

I downloaded a fresh new copy of CIS at another computer and re-installed CIS this time not scanning for malware after installation. After reboot I started the update again but still it sticks at 30%.

Any thoughts?

Online EricJH

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2009, 10:27:59 AM »
After a clean install there is a huge update for the AV of 100 MB. In the process the progress indicator will stay at 30% for quite a while. On dial up the whole update process can take several hours.

Patience is the only thing to advice for now.

Offline KuifjePDX

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2009, 10:38:02 PM »
Patience indeed.

After a while it did progress to completion and all seems to be well now. Would it be possible to include the huge update in the original download? After all, I installed the most recently downloaded version (~75MB). Why would there be a 100 MB update to a 75MB download?

There may be some room for improvement here.

Thank you for the great free program though.

Cheers!

Online EricJH

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2009, 05:12:09 PM »
Here is what I wrote little earlier in another topic:
I am not a Comodo employee. But I think adding the AV database to the installer would make the installer even bigger; that could be a showstopper for people who only want to download for the firewall.

For now there is nothing we can do than wait. Currently Comodo is working very hard on making family signatures that will make the av database smaller. Expect the first clear results in approx 6 weeks. So by the time v4 comes out, not before the end of the year, the AV database in the installer as well as a smaller initial update.

This spring, According to ZD Net, a lot of new malwares came out that defeated the family signatures of all anti malware program makers resulting in more single malware definitions making the updates of all bigger.

Do notice that f.e A Squared anti malware scanner has on an almost weekly basis 40 MB sized updates besides the incremental ones.... I guess it is not only CIS having big updates...

But apart from that those big updates are a major sore for people on dial up.

Offline shihan

« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2009, 09:26:09 PM »
Is there any way of getting the installer updated...as l can confirm 1 large update at 30% rboot then one small update.....all is good...thankyou

Online EricJH

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2009, 07:51:02 PM »
What do you mean with getting the installer updated?

Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com | Smf Destek