Author Topic: Trusted Software Vendors was lost  (Read 21985 times)

Offline EricJH

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
Re: Trusted Software Vendors was lost
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2010, 03:50:31 PM »
This should have been a one off situation:
Hello Everyone,
We investigated the problem and here is explanation as what happened. For few hrs on Wednesday, cloud started returning Absent for all vendor look up and as CIS does scheduled cloud lookup for existing vendors to ensure if any is removed from cloud it is removed from local list; it ended up removing vendors from local list.

So in case any existing user who had been affected due to this bug, sees a new signed application, which is not safe by signature but only through trusted vendor lookup and if live cloud lookup fails, he may see alert.

While we are contemplating in providing update to local vendor list via program updates, any one willing to have list updated, can download master list via following URLs:

Steps for replacing:
1. Go to CIS installation folder
%PROGRAMFILES%/COMODO\COMODO Internet Security\database\

2. Rename 'vednor.n' and 'vendor.sha' and replace with following respectively:
http://download.comodo.com/av/tvl/vendor.sha
http://download.comodo.com/av/tvl/vendor.n

3. Re-start system and you should see complete list in Defense+-->Computer Security Policy-->Trusted Software Vendors

Sorry for inconvenience caused.

Thanks
-umesh

Offline JamesFrance

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2010, 04:03:11 PM »
However since several of us regular forum members have experienced this problem, there are probably thousands of regular CIS users out there who have no idea why their CIS has suddenly become very intrusive.   Hopefully there will be a way to restore their Trusted Vendors automatically before they get fed up and uninstall.
James

Offline SpeedyPC

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2010, 07:16:08 AM »
However since several of us regular forum members have experienced this problem, there are probably thousands of regular CIS users out there who have no idea why their CIS has suddenly become very intrusive.   Hopefully there will be a way to restore their Trusted Vendors automatically before they get fed up and uninstall.

+1 !ot!
ASUS G75VX-T4153H - Avast Free v9.0.2021 - Outpost Pro Firewall v9.1 - W8 64bit - Firefox (NS/AdP/LP/TSB/TL/Web/Ghost/VT) - Thunderbird (AdP) - MBAM Premium + MBAE - Secunia PSI - CCleaner - MCShield - Macrium Reflect Standard

Offline Valentin N

• Malware Research Group
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Usability Study Group
    • My homepage at the moment
« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2010, 09:44:16 AM »
if people have homepages please put the solution there. The link to the alternative solution is on my signature. This what I can do to help.

CEVPN: Valentin N

CIS 6.3

Keep CTM alive by voting

Offline Dennis2

• Awaiting Admin Approval Moderator
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2010, 01:28:33 PM »
You will be happy to know they have released a program update to replace the Vendors list :)

Just tried on VM to see what the update was.

Dennis
Moderator: Aims Forum a friendly place. Any concerns? Please PM me and/or review the Forum Policy 2012Updated.
System:Windows 7 SP1(UAC)x32,LUA, CIS7.0.4132Upgrade,Sandboxie4.08
Vista Home P.(UAC)x32 SP2, LUA, CIS.7.0.4132

Offline kinemitor

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2010, 11:38:06 AM »
i noticed that there where actually 2 updates in a day, but i was not sure it was for that
 :-TU thats good to know
Win7 x64
CIS x64
OpenDNS
TrueCrypt, Sandboxie

Offline agagouga

• Comodo Member
« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2010, 11:12:22 AM »
I used a small list of about 10 trusted vendors.
After the update, tons of vendors appeared at the end of the list. I deleted all  ;D
but now my 10 trusted vendors appear twice (2 times)  ???

What now?
Anyway, Please allow multiple delete on trusted vendors list   >:(

Offline agagouga

• Comodo Member
« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2010, 10:03:29 AM »
Finally managed to fix the problem with double entries, replaced my files with ones posted above and after hours of clickin' the remove button  >:( finally got back my 10 trusted vendors ...

But!!!! Now CIS want to update again, possibly to add to my vendor list thousands of every damn software developer livin on this planet  :P   No more updates for me  >:-D

Offline HeffeD

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2010, 10:15:50 AM »
Finally managed to fix the problem with double entries, replaced my files with ones posted above and after hours of clickin' the remove button  >:( finally got back my 10 trusted vendors ...

But!!!! Now CIS want to update again, possibly to add to my vendor list thousands of every damn software developer livin on this planet  :P   No more updates for me  >:-D

The problem was that you added that old list...

You would have been better off just to delete the vendors from the updated list.

Offline Dennis2

• Awaiting Admin Approval Moderator
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2010, 10:21:16 AM »

You can do a copy of the database folder for backup.

Dennis
Moderator: Aims Forum a friendly place. Any concerns? Please PM me and/or review the Forum Policy 2012Updated.
System:Windows 7 SP1(UAC)x32,LUA, CIS7.0.4132Upgrade,Sandboxie4.08
Vista Home P.(UAC)x32 SP2, LUA, CIS.7.0.4132

Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com | Smf Destek