Author Topic: CIS calls AV not initialized not started?  (Read 2845 times)

Offline Eljo

• Comodo's Hero
  • Twitter: Eljo_M
    • Facebook
CIS calls AV not initialized not started?
« on: December 09, 2011, 11:58:06 AM »
A computer of one of my clients has CIS that has an AV that stopped in September 2011 to work. Because its a kids computer they did not notice and so today I wanted to update the AV but I got the pop-up AV not initialized not started. I had to completely remove and install to get it working again????

My questions and remarks will not always point to below mentioned machines!
Windows 7 ASUS A75DE, AMD A8 4500M, 1.9Ghz, Radeon Dual HD7640G, HDD 500GB, Ram 8GB,  CIS5.12,

Offline Valentin N

• Malware Research Group
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Usability Study Group
    • My homepage at the moment
Re: CIS calls AV not initialized not started?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2011, 12:23:08 PM »
before you try reinstalling it try to use the diagnose tool and see if that helps

CEVPN: Valentin N

CIS 6.3

Keep CTM alive by voting

Offline Eljo

• Comodo's Hero
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2011, 08:17:23 AM »
before you try reinstalling it try to use the diagnose tool and see if that helps

That tool inside CIS did not find a thing.
Windows 7 ASUS A75DE, AMD A8 4500M, 1.9Ghz, Radeon Dual HD7640G, HDD 500GB, Ram 8GB,  CIS5.12,

Offline Eljo

• Comodo's Hero
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2011, 03:50:01 AM »
That tool inside CIS did not find a thing.

A bit late but I thought I mention it here,

To end this conversation, I found multiple malware on this system running CIS from the first boot.
I found 19 virussen, trojans, Hijacs, rootkits that I think killed CIS. Unfortunately I did not write all down.

Found them running after re-installing: CIS5.8, Malwarebites, HitmanPro, Super Antispyware, SpywareTerminator.

trojan: ted46.exe
trojan: trojan.fakeAlert
trojan: triojan.Agent

adware: adware.seekmo
adware: track.Cookie

Hijack: Hijack.DisplayPoP
Hijack: security.Hijack [imagefile.execution.options]

The system runs normal again and I have put a password on CIS so kids can't turn it off. Don't know if they did but now they can't.

What I found is that when using a password you can not run an update or manual system scan, that can't be good.

If there is a pop-up from Comodo telling there is a new version they can't update it but it presents a password pop-up. Also if they think they have malware on the system it will not a scan but presents a password pop-up.

I think functionality must work, settings must be protected.

Offline Eljo

• Comodo's Hero
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2012, 03:43:35 AM »
Can somebody shine some insight on my last remarks?

" What I found is that when using a password you can not run an update or manual system scan, that can't be good.

If there is a pop-up from Comodo telling there is a new version they can't update it but it presents a password pop-up. Also if they think they have malware on the system it will not a scan but presents a password pop-up.

"

Offline EricJH

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2012, 09:17:10 PM »
Can somebody shine some insight on my last remarks?

" What I found is that when using a password you can not run an update or manual system scan, that can't be good.

"
It makes sense to me they cannot update the program. But if it blocks AV update or running a scan then that is out of whack to me. I view that as a bug rather than as something for the Wishlist.

If you have the time and energy  please consider filing  a bug report in the Bug Reports - CIS board following the format as described in FORMAT & GUIDE - just COPY/PASTE it!.

Reporting of bugs is strictly moderated to make sure Comodo gets clear bug reports. So, please make sure you closely follow protocol. That way your report will most certainly be seen by Comodo staff.

Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com | Smf Destek