I've tried posting about this on a different thread, but I'm getting nowhere and this is getting incredibly frustrating. My virus database update has been failing since 31st August and Comodo told me it's probably the ISP. My ISP tell me it's not and can I check that Comodo have the IP addresses whitelisted/unblocked. I have sent my IP address through to a couple of Comodo techs, but nobody has got back to me to confirm. Here is a brief summary, can anybody help me please???
I am in Australia.
My ISP is Three
My wife's ISP is Vodafone who have bought Three, but they still operate on different networks.
The virus database update fails and in the Log Viewer the code is always 0x80072efd. If I run it manually, it fails and gives a message "Failed to update the virus signature database. Please check your internet connection and try again later"
I am on a postpaid account, but I am able to login using the Three prepaid facility. In this mode I then run a manual update and it tells me the virus database is up to date, so I assumed that this was updating OK and was a workaround for my problem. But only recently I have noticed if I look in the Log Viewer that this gives the Code 0x00000001 and the old database is the same as the new database ... it never actually seems to update to a newer version.
So I borrowed my wife's Vodafone modem, logged in and ran the update, it immediately downloaded some files, updated and the database version changed.
From my Three postapid login (my usual login), a tracert produced a "Request timed out" on 27 hops then on the 28th hop I get the result 444ms 499ms 459ms download.comodo.com [220.127.116.11]
On December 6th when I tried, the successful hop was number 17 - 462ms 420ms 419ms download.comodo.com [18.104.22.168]
I can ping download.comodo.com
From an earlier post regarding this issue I have tried a couple of download tests, results as follows: -http://download.comodo.com/10MB
- Problem loading page, server taking too long to respondhttp://22.214.171.124/test/10MB