Author Topic: Highly Recommended AntiSpyware [Recommendations]  (Read 54910 times)

Vettetech

Re: Highly Recommended AntiSpyware
« Reply #60 on: April 24, 2008, 06:03:08 AM »
I dont know if you people ever noticed but any paid as always is so bloated and slows your system down. I tried Spyware Doctor,Counterspy and Spy Sweeper. All of them cost money and take up way too many resources. I use SuperAntiSpyware on demand once a week and it does the job well. Spyware Terminator is also free but has become bloated and even if your using it on demand only it runs a backround service all the time.

Someone

« Reply #61 on: April 24, 2008, 06:08:19 AM »
I don't know if this ment informational or not. In every case, I CANNOT recommend this program. Please stick on more known and more trustworthy ones.

Xan
I agree.

Offline andyman35

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #62 on: April 24, 2008, 07:39:13 AM »
Ummm I wouldn't go with that............

Umm mod can we delete this post?

Why do you want that post deleted? It isn't on the rogue list,I'm confused (as usual)  ???

Offline Info-Sec

• Computer Security Testing Group
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #63 on: April 24, 2008, 04:34:03 PM »
Why do you want that post deleted? It isn't on the rogue list,I'm confused (as usual)  ???

winantispyware is part of the win family.  Winantivirus, winantispyware, and winerror fixer are all part of the same family, all are infact rogue.  Spybot search and destory will infact delete a 'win' infestation.
*Vista *CFP V3 *Avira * Avast *Spyware Doctor
*XP *Zone Alarm PRO *NOD32 V2.7 *Spysweeper

Offline andyman35

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #64 on: April 24, 2008, 10:10:52 PM »
winantispyware is part of the win family.  Winantivirus, winantispyware, and winerror fixer are all part of the same family, all are infact rogue.  Spybot search and destory will infact delete a 'win' infestation.

The product mentioned was Wincleaner-antispyware though not Winantispyware,the former doesn't appear on the Spyware warrior rogue list and siteadvisor green flags the product website.Having said that it looks to be a dead duck with no updates for a long time.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2008, 10:13:56 PM by andyman35 »

Offline Info-Sec

• Computer Security Testing Group
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #65 on: April 24, 2008, 10:17:49 PM »
The product mentioned was Wincleaner-antispyware though not Winantispyware,the former doesn't appear on the Spyware warrior rogue list and siteadvisor green flags the product website.Having said that it looks to be a dead duck with no updates for a long time.

Oh.  Well too similar to be trustworthy.
*Vista *CFP V3 *Avira * Avast *Spyware Doctor
*XP *Zone Alarm PRO *NOD32 V2.7 *Spysweeper

Josh123

« Reply #66 on: April 24, 2008, 11:09:26 PM »
Oh.  Well too similar to be trustworthy.

Hi,

WinCleaner is not a rouge Antispyware. Yes, Site advisor doesn't detect the website as bad, & neither does AVG 8.

However, No I don't recommend Winclear.

Josh

Offline Eric Cryptid

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Security Saskquatch
« Reply #67 on: April 25, 2008, 12:51:18 AM »
There are a lot of software variations, many of which are rogue ones. Best advice is to do your own research but yes, I do agree, try to stick to trustworthy applications. If there are some suspect variations, do give clear concise download location and version information for the product.

Afterall, Spyware Terminator and Crawler Toolbar used to be untrustworthy because of Crawler's associations but are fine now.

Eric

Moderator: Any concerns? PM me and/or review the Forum Policy
System: 32 bit Windows Vista SP3
Realtime Protection:CIS 6 / CMS

Offline eXPerience

• Left the Forums
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Free Forever !
« Reply #68 on: April 25, 2008, 02:10:52 AM »
Mods ... I would sujest that you select all post about Wincleaner and bring it to another topic as this is about " Highly Recommended Antispyware and not winantispyware which is a dead thing I think.

Xan

Josh123

« Reply #69 on: April 25, 2008, 02:21:30 AM »
Mods ... I would sujest that you select all post about Wincleaner and bring it to another topic as this is about " Highly Recommended Antispyware and not winantispyware which is a dead thing I think.

Xan

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. He was recommending WinAS, That's fine. But yes, Keep on topic a bit here guys.

Josh

Offline eXPerience

• Left the Forums
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Free Forever !
« Reply #70 on: April 25, 2008, 02:28:47 AM »
So if I sujest Winantivirus it is allowed to  ??? (which I will NEVER recommend)

Xan

Offline Eric Cryptid

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Security Saskquatch
« Reply #71 on: April 25, 2008, 05:38:15 AM »
You can recommend what you find most useful to you or what you've heard is good. Besides, If you recommend an un-trustworthy product I'm sure some of the users are bound to report back or stick in their own message about it's untrustworthyness.  If WinAntyspyware or whatever is someone's preferred choice product as with everyone, they have a right to say.

I thought we had moved on from all of this.

Back on the topic - I prefer SuperAntyspyware for a monthly scan. AVG Free Version 8 Has just come out which includes anti-spyware so we'll have to see how many that catches.

Eric

Moderator: Any concerns? PM me and/or review the Forum Policy
System: 32 bit Windows Vista SP3
Realtime Protection:CIS 6 / CMS

Offline LirvA

• Malware Research Group
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #72 on: April 25, 2008, 06:25:36 AM »
I personally recommend SAS. I kept reading posts in various forums from all these IT security guys, they would all basically say the same thing - It gets stuff the other guys dont. I find this to be true so far.

Some other comments I read about it though, and I can agree with, it looks like another one of those rogue AS programs. The name - SUPERAntiSpyware and the desktop icon make it look like a rogue AS.
"I hate myself and want to die" - Kurt Cobain

Offline eXPerience

• Left the Forums
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Free Forever !
« Reply #73 on: April 25, 2008, 10:19:50 AM »
I thought we had moved on from all of this.
We have  :). It's only strange that you can "legally" recommend it. Well, for recommended antispyware I recommend, Ashampoo antispyware, Spycatcher express (free), spybot search and destroy (free) and AVG antispyware (free)

Xan

Offline andyman35

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #74 on: April 25, 2008, 06:26:55 PM »
We have  :). It's only strange that you can "legally" recommend it. Well, for recommended antispyware I recommend, Ashampoo antispyware, Spycatcher express (free), spybot search and destroy (free) and AVG antispyware (free)

Xan

If somebody recommends a rogue application you can be sure that it'll soon be pointed out by the members here. (:NRD)

On the whole it's best to stick with the well known AS products since there are a large number of substandard ones out there,that maybe not classed as rogues but are next to useless at detection.

My own recommendations are SAS,MBAM and AVG. :Beer

Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com | Smf Destek